Sunday, 20 May 2012

Stacking Up

At least on these cold dank days things move around less. Decided to give focus stacking another go on this weevil at Dog Field, Cople. This time, using a monopod, I tried to adjust the focal point myself with the lens, rather than falling forwards, as I realised that method changed the viewpoint slightly for each shot. Also had to use a flash on each shot as it was very gloomy which accounts for the rather poorer quality - I've yet to master macro flash.

This is the result from eight frames stacked using CombineZP on its default settings as I don't know what I'm doing yet. A slightly better result than the last attempt, with no obvious out-of-focus bands, however the weevil moved its near antenna at some point in the sequence. (Never work with children and animals...).

No comments: