At least on these cold dank days things move around less. Decided to give focus stacking another go on this weevil at Dog Field, Cople. This time, using a monopod, I tried to adjust the focal point myself with the lens, rather than falling forwards, as I realised that method changed the viewpoint slightly for each shot. Also had to use a flash on each shot as it was very gloomy which accounts for the rather poorer quality - I've yet to master macro flash.
This is the result from eight frames stacked using CombineZP on its default settings as I don't know what I'm doing yet. A slightly better result than the last attempt, with no obvious out-of-focus bands, however the weevil moved its near antenna at some point in the sequence. (Never work with children and animals...).