Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Another first at Rowney Warren

After unstimulating visits in the hot sunshine to Cooper's Hill and Maulden Heath (though I did have a refreshing cat-nap by Tom's Pond!) on returning through Maulden Church Meadow there were Large Red Damselflies emerging from the main pond, my first of the year


Then off to Rowney Warren which has some nice habitats along the SW edge. Another colour form of the Crucifer Shieldbug was prominent on the garlic mustard


Also on the garlic mustard was an Eyed Ladybird (Anatis ocellata) the first I'd seen for a long time


A queen Bombus hortorum was busy gathering food and materials for her nest


Just when I was thinking that I wasn't going to see anything new today I stumbled across a spectacular Corizus hyoscyami on the way back to the car park.

No comments: